Tuesday, November 1, 2022

September Sport Lots #3 and the free stuff.

 Last night's winner was: DIAMOND JESTERS


And now we get right to the final post of the SL Braves. Tomorrow will have the PC guy post.


























A boatload of Upper Deck brands/sets, but a team collector needs them all. The September (and October) ComC & Sport Lots hauls put a HUGE dent in the needs. Now I have to get them marked off all of the lists that I keep up with. Working on the excel sheets and my web pages now. After that I will be knocking them out on TCDB. I am really hoping to have it all caught up before the end of the year (really, hoping before December 1st). The Jacksonville card show is next Saturday, and it will be hard to refrain from making that drive. I need to skip it, just so I have a chance of getting caught up on the last two months. Meanwhile, I am still trying to get everything out of my Uncle's house, then I get to work on emptying the garage and three outbuildings.

Working at something 16 hours a day everyday. I'm tired.

11 comments:

  1. UD made some great minor league sets. That Durham stadium card is so great. Also Murphy with the sledgehammer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great names here - Jarrod Saltamacchia, Zeke Spruill, and more! I also love Dale Murphy with the hammer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that Upper Deck had a made a minor league set back in 1992.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had that Soriano First Pitch I believe but I must’ve filed it with my Mariners cards.
    Don’t overdo yourself with the 16 hour days. I couldn’t imagine doing a few of those 10 years ago let alone now. There will be more card shows and I’m sure Fred will save you the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always done the 16 hr work day. The last 6 years was basically all baseball cards when I wasn't tending to my Uncle. Now, it is mainly clearing and cleaning out his house with my cards as a distraction or break in between. I'm just getting older and I don't like it, tired. Fred won't be having a table Saturday, he'll be there probably to chit chat, but he's heading to a Cruise Ship. Helps to fight the feeling of going.

      Delete
  5. That Francoeur card with the star is blinding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take a break! Some nice cards in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember helping my father clean out his walk-in closet after my mom passed away... and it was a slow process that was emotional for him. I can only imagine cleaning out an entire house. Hope you take lots of rests both mentally and physically.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes don't overdo the clean out, breaks are needed! That Seelbach card with the cart is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah Johnny, I'm with those guys too, that's a crazy work day and I hope you are taking the breaks you need.

    ReplyDelete