Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Another round of card show cards plus the FREE cards.

 The winner last night was: GTT


Here we go. My dealer buddy Fred had put away a couple of vintage baseball games for me. Just a reminder this show was the weekend after Hurricane Ian, just a day after clearing Jax itself. I will do 3 posts highlighting everything I got from Fred with a hundred dollar bill.




Here I am just highlighting a few of the small pennants. I'll show a bunch more tomorrow. The pics are in the reverse order of my scans (again). I don't get how or why it does that. This is the 2nd time this year. The pennants were the last two scans for tonight, so oh well.



The small pennants and the patches, decals, coins, etc were in a small box. I was grabbing everything that was interesting and throwing into the box that had my games sitting in it.





A few 8x10's.





Lots of odd ball items, the 3 above have made their way to someone else already.




This one is heading to an OCT buddy. I wish the cover was there, pretty sure it is missing several pages too.




Topps poster.






More odd ball items.




This card did not survive the removal from the packaging, alas sitting in the landfill.




This too is heading to my OCT buddy. Which reminds me I should probably get them mailed off.





These quad cards definitely considered odd ball.




This was in that small tub/box. It is a sticker.


18 comments:

  1. The Clemente Hall Of Fame plaque card was issued before they corrected his name to reflect the Latin American custom of the having the mother's maiden name (Walker) come after the birth name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I do enjoy the oddballs, keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to GTT on getting chosen. I had some of those quad cards, but whoever had them before me glued them to tagboard material and the backs were destroyed when someone tried to remove them. Oh well! Can't win them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're always finding such cool stuff...especially cool is that NY Giants schedule.

    GOOD JOB! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder who those Dodgers items went to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some interesting stuff there. Was the NY giants schedule on the back of a cloth patch? (From Bo, might say anonymous)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scan above is actually a patch no schedule even though it says so. It is just a patch.

      Delete
  7. Those old pennants are pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Mantle is interesting. I figured I would’ve seen something about it in a Beckett from that era or seen it at a Wal-Mart back then, but this is the first I’ve heard of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's interesting to see the different things out there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really don't own as many of those Topps Posters as I should.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The penants are great! Was the Mantle regular sized or a mini? Bummer it didn't survive

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting items...not really from the era I follow though. Maybe it's due to being born in 1983, but the "vintage" doesn't really interest me as much. I had some 1971 pins at one time...wound up giving the Dodgers pins to Night Owl and selling the rest for cheap on Facebook, which I then used to finish my Topps 2010 set earlier this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm experiencing some déjà vu with some of those Dodgers items after just finishing Night Owl's post. That Lombardi photo is fantastic as well as those pennants. Kind of a bummer about that Mantle though... that would have been a pretty cool collectible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to put that Lombardo in your next box of stuff.

      Delete
  14. That roller derby sticker sure is neat. You never see stuff like that on the blogs.

    ReplyDelete