Thursday, June 30, 2022

I needed these

 I got a PWE the other day from Bob D, an OCT trading bud. Bob is one of the original members of OldCardTraders. In fact Bob is the All time (trading) points leader. He should be real close to 5000 trades by the end of this year. 



Bob sent me 7 needs for my 58' set build. A few will need to be replaced, but they work for now. He included a green Ian Anderson that I needed too. I have been a member since a month or two before I started this blog. Hint, my blog anniversary is 5 weeks away and you can expect some news that day. So, after 9 years for me, I am sitting at #6 on the OCT all time points leaderboard, and 5th among the active members with what should be close to 2500 by years end. So yeah Bob is way ahead of everyone after 20+ years. I'm doing pretty good for less than a decade in. The 2nd spot is sitting at 4K, spots 3 & 4 are sitting at 3.5K and 3.K.  I will make it to #3 next year, but I can't see taking the top two spots. It is possible, but that is a ton of PWE's. LOL.

Have a great weekend, I hope to hit the Jax card show Saturday, we'll see as my uncle has been up & down lately.



11 comments:

  1. Hope you find some good stuff at the show. Say hi to Fred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it's not gonna be bad news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta like Whitey Herzog as a Senator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dark backgrounds on '58s, too bad the Dodgers had a bunch of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5,000 trades in, you'd think he'd have a full run of old cardboard. Must be hard finding things that guy needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not really. literally 1 card would constitute a trade. However Bob, sends anywhere from 1 card to thousands each trade. I once traded him 5K cards from me to the dozen he gave me, lol. Delivered them too in person.

      Delete
    2. he has a want list as big as mine if not bigger you can check it out here https://bdangelo1.weebly.com/ his non vintage want list is linked at the very bottom as UV wantlist.

      Delete
  6. Fun PWE with all those '58s and a '22.

    ReplyDelete