Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Dang it N.O.

The infamous Night Owl aka Nite Owl, N.O., and Greg wrote this week about some Heritage High Numbers. I commented last night or the night before (not sure at this very second) that I wasn't going to buy anything but my Braves. Well, my Uncle is ill today and I found myself having to grab some Pedialyte from Walmart. I told myself don't go to the card aisle, but I went anyways hoping to finally see some Panini Chronicles for THIS YEAR (they've had 2017 still on the shelf). Well, they did have the Chronicles, 3 boxes. Likewise, there were 3 blasters of Heritage High Numbers there and 3 value boxes (35 cards).  Dang it, I grabbed the blasters of Heritage and Chronicles.



Box 1 held these keepers/PC guys.



This one came from box 2.




Lastly, this one from box 3.

So far, I was feeling pretty bummed.




This was the only Brave I pulled out of box 1, still bummed.





Box 2 was very Braves friendly including the insert.




Box 3 netted me the rest of Braves base except for the SP 717 Vizcaino. There are also 4 variations for Acuna's and 2 of the SP 717.   Then there are the parallels, feel free to send them all to me.

Happy with Braves turn out, but not $60.00 worth of Happy.



The inserts from box 1 are keepers except for Yelich.





Happy with Rhys, Ryan, and Altuve from box 2.






Box 3: The bottom 2 I'll hang on to. That chrome variation is also a SP. These are the 700 + cards I got in addition to the Cole.



Box 1. I know Vogelbach is not a SP.





Box 2, I'll keep Yu.



Lastly,


So yeah I wasted $60.00 ($50.00 of which was a birthday gift). Dang it NO you put them on my mind, lol.

You folks will have to wait until Thursday to see the Chronicles.

Have a great night.


9 comments:

  1. Well at least you got some good Braves cards. I've yet to buy any and doubt I will. I'll opt to just buy the Braves. I'm especially looking for the red auto of Max Fried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gonna have to track down a copy of that Harper insert for my broken bat mini-collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAH, THAT'S WHERE I PUT THAT ONE. I'LL HAVE TO GET ANOTHER ONE FOR THE PC.

      Delete
  3. You might not have gotten your $60 back in card value... but when you factor in entertainment, I'd say you did okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure you spent $60, but think of all the friends you made along the way. Oh, that logic doesn't apply here...Well, the way rookie prices are going crazy these days, it might actually work in your favor in the long run anyway.

    ReplyDelete