Way back in January I posted "goals" for this year. A subject that goes both ways among bloggers. Some do it, some don't. I've done it now for 2 years. I don't stress over them. I try to keep them somewhat attainable, but a stretch at the same time. Let's look back at the short list:
1) get 3 more 1909-11 T206 cards.
2) complete 12 sets
3) update Brave WANT pages
4) put my 70s Topps want list up
5) take a trip to the post office.
Here is the link to the original post (it's a short one) 2016 Blog GOALS
Now let's break each down.
1) T206. I already have 2 of 3 in hand, and still trying to get another before 12/31. At least on it's way to me. For now a B+.
Not the best of condition for sure. But, they will fit nicely with the 3 others. My first Polar Bear and Piedmont 350-460 backs.
I really thought this one would be the easiest, but I put it off to December this year, so my bad. I still consider it a win. I now own 5 and fingers crossed will be 6 over the next week.
2) Finish off 12 set builds. Blew this one out of the water, and probably off the planet. I started 2016 with 58 completed Sets (mainly the full large base sets from Topps, Fleer, Donruss, Upper Deck, Bowman, Score, Pinnacle, and etc. I was keeping a running total on the front page of my want lists, but after finishing off 32 sets I quit counting. Well, I now have 134 completed sets and that doesn't count the 100's (S) of the little sets like Fleer, and some of the Donruss, Score and some odd ball stuff. A+ all the way here.
3) Update Braves want lists. The main focus of this project was supposed to be 2006-2014 section, which I didn't get too. However, I did more that amount on the other pages so I am pleased with that and will give myself a B+. I did bring the other pages up to about 85-95 % accurate. It does sucks knowing that I still need to update the 06-14 pages.
4) Add my 1970's Topps want lists. A+ Got all of the 70's listed albeit many are HAVES lists because I don't have a lot of them. But I also got some 50's and 60's put in there too.
5) Last but not least take all of those packages and boxes to the post office.(A). Why just an A? Simple.... Got them all mailed but the one I owe The Italian Completest, which I figure he probably doesn't need those 80's Topps cards at this point, so I need to work on making things right there. I know me, I will. This isn't the only hiccup though.... I now have un-boxed or packaged stacks that need to get gone and it is more in the lines of 50+, maybe even 70+. OUCH!
So, How'd I do, I will leave it at a PASS. That's all I'm saying.
I will probably bring three of these back in a some fashion for 2017, but will see in January. It won't be on the first as I won't be home.
Nice job on the goals! I love the T206 collection you got going.ReplyDelete
Wow. Excellent job on your goals. Even if you didn't accomplish goal #1, #3, #4, and #5... the fact that you completed 76 sets in 2016 is AMAZING. That has to be some kind of record. Great job!ReplyDelete
I did get #4 done and really #5 too, as that 1 package has been sitting there for almost 2 years. I knew I wasn't going to mail it ($60.00 postage), and later today I'm pulling the trigger on my comc order which will finish #1 (the t206). Thats why I gave myself 4 A's and 1 B. But still just calling it a pass, because I should have been able to knock these out without question, but I got all caught up with that HUGE deal this summer. 2017 Will be easier, but still a stretch (you'll see ).Delete
Lol... just realized that the way I wrote my comment made it sound like you didn't accomplish any of the other goals. Sorry about that. I totally realize you met all of them. I just meant... that #2 was such an accomplishment that the others could have been big fat F's and the year would have been a success.Delete
Oh man... that summer deal was insane! Have a great 2017!
I didn't take it that way at all. I just wanted to clarify for the others reading comments. But, I still totally let myself down.Delete