Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Wacky Wednesday. 1975 series 12







 


I borrowed this from the Topps Website. Hey this is my Wacky Wednesday. Now onto the 1975 Series 12. Again, not complete. I have 14 of the 27 stickers. I do not have a wrapper, pack nor the puzzle either. 


















Good news/Bad news........Bad news first. This is the last of the Wackys that I have from the original 16 series. Good news.....I had multiple complete sets of 1-15 when I was a kid. They were confiscated from me at school in the fifth grade. I guess that is really bad news too, huh? I never had any of the 16th and final "original" set. Boy oh boy is it pricey. Eventually I will have them all. 

More good news.....Wacky Wednesday is not over. Why you say? Certainly, let me explain. Topps and sometimes OPC produced sets later. Topps had re-runs (4 sets 1979 & 1980). Album stickers in 1982 & 1986. There was another set in 1985 as well. Then you also have other 70's sets like Wonder Bread issues etc. See lots of stickers. Then we can throw in the All New Series (ANS) runs, and the Old School run, and the Flashback run. BTW, Pretty sure I have all of the ANS, OS, FB runs. Then the whatever you call them after those including the MLB set in 2016. Topps let loose some more in 2017, 2018, 2019, and yes 2020 legit Wacky packages. Of course they (2020) are weekly on demand on the Topps web-site. You get 5 stickers and 2 chase stickers for 15.00. UGH.. So as you can see we will still be doing Wacky Wednesdays. If I by chance I pick up stickers from series 13-16 I will post them right away. I think I'll start with the Old School run first instead of the ANS. No, I know what I am going to do next week. You'll have to wait and see.



5 comments:

  1. Sad the Old School run is over (of these, I have "Toad" and I remember "Barman," nothing like good drunk humor for kiddies!)

    I'll stay tuned for the other editions, if only to lament that they aren't like the originals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Topps came back out in 2004 with the ALL New Series, they also produced a series of 8 sets of "Old School". So you might like those.

      Delete
  2. Confiscated, but never returned? That sucks. I wonder if they were tossed in the trash or thrown in a drawer only to be discovered by someone years later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We moved while on Christmas break without notice. I'm sure the prinicple found someone to give them too. :(

      Delete