Yeah, I don't believe it's a magic number. It is however a big number especially in regards to baseball.
Both pitching and hitting have a "CLUB".
In pitching you have a 3500K club and just 11 members sit inside. Max Scherzer was the latest member joining earlier this year. Max is sitting 4 K's behind Justin Verlander all-time who joined the club last season.
Here is the 11 members in order as of today.
Nolan Ryan
Randy Johnson
Roger Clemens
Steve Carlton
Bert Blylevin
Tom Seaver
Don Sutton
Justin Verlander
Max Scherzer
Gaylord Perry
Walter Johnson
In hitting you have a very short 5 member 3500 hits club:
Pete Rose, Ty Cobb, Hank Aaron, Stan Musial, and Tris Speaker.
But those are not the only baseball related exclusive clubs. No, here is another one.
This post marks my 3500th post on this blog. It seems like it should be so much higher, but it is what it is and has taken many years to accomplish it. I got there now let's see if I can hit the 4K and then 5K in my lifetime. LOL.
Adios have a great weekend everybody!
Congrats. You may catch up to me yet!
ReplyDeleteThat is highly unlikely, if not impossible.
DeleteCongrats!
ReplyDeleteCongrats HOFer!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 3500 and best of luck reaching 5000! Appreciate the list of 3500 club pitching and hitting members. Us cards guys love those stats.
ReplyDeleteWell done Johnny.
ReplyDeleteThat is a very great group of company you are with. I don't think any of them could come close to you in the blogging arena. You deserve an award of some kind. Thanks for your input into your followers. Enjoy it all!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! The variety of things you post about keeps it fresh despite 3500 posts. Looking forward to more!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the milestone. You may be the all-time blog leader in scans shown!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations John! That is quite the milestone. I feel like I have a 25 to 35% shot of eventually reaching 3.5k posts. A lot will depend on whether or not Google is still interested in supporting Blogger in the next decade or so.
ReplyDelete