I am honoring the memory of Charlie Kirk today. Of course I still plan on the official National Day of Remembrance which will be October 14th.
I absolutely hold and held high respect for Charlie. So Brave! That is not to say I agreed 100% of the time with him, but it is close. Afterall, we are human and we will NEVER agree on everything. Anyone who is 100% inline with everything that someone else says and does, well they have a bigger problem and I'll leave it at that.
Here is a clip that I love: (cut and paste the link if it doesn't provide the link to the very short video).
There isn't a single verified instance of Charlie ever saying he hated someone especially for their beliefs. He and I most certainly are entitled to our own opinions. Opinions are subjective, you can disagree if you like. But they are.
Charlie could certainly piss people off, but that in and of itself is not hate nor bigotry nor a crime, nor a sin. The truth hurts. Heck, I enjoy doing that everyday and with a smile on my face. It is who I am, I love busting chops. People all people should be able to carry a conversation about things they disagree with and do so without anyone getting upset. Though frustration and just being upset are genuine emotions, it is from my experience only those who have been proven wrong or upset to the point of "lashing out" are indeed the one who was wrong. But hey....that is my opinion. Don't hate me for it.
Charlie will never be replaced. It is also my opinion that no-one walked as close to Jesus as he did. He certainly helped change America for the better and left a LEGACY that spread the entire world over. Let's looks at some numbers:
42-44% of Americans now attend church regularly or pray daily. That is awesome!
TPUSA went from 900 college chapters a year ago to 1500+ today.
High Schools clubs went from 1200 a year ago to 3500 today.
The biggest and impressive group are the 12K+ post collegiate groups with 1.6M members. Again AWESOME!
Yes, just like every other organization out there, I get bombarded with the e-mails and etc. I delete most of them too. I just don't like unsolicited anything. Same with a pizza delivery order, I could care less that it is 2 minutes away.....just bring me the darn pizza. LOL!
I could go so much further with this post....I'm not which is not to say that future posts regarding Charlie Kirk won't. Just like other "happenings" I will not forget or allow those around me to forget who Charlie and TPUSA is was and will be. His legacy will live forever.....Just as I said to the haters a year ago after his assassination, they have no idea (or clue) what they were doing and done.
May God continue to Bless America......Amen!




No comments:
Post a Comment