Alrighty, I can finally try to get back on track cleaning out the post/scan folders. Although there isn't a scan tonight. Nope, I guess about a 6/7 weeks ago (lol) I won another Sport Lots auction for a VERY near set of 2026 Topps Chrome. But before I dip into that pickup I wanted to talk about one of the grabs in my most recent shipment from Sport Lots. This time it was for a HUGE batch of the 2025 Topps Chrome Platinum cards. I grabbed a bunch of cheap singles to get me closer to the set build. Maybe 30ish cards helps. The total order had 548 cards in it. Most were actually for that rabbit hole I fell into with the birthday guys thing. Probably 2/3 of the order which was technically 3 separate orders sitting in my box and one shipment. I will post up some of that stuff in the coming days.
I am down to just needing 101 cards for the 500 TCPA card set (not counting the variations/SPs). This doesn't mean that I'll ever complete the set. You see I have yet to complete any of this brand sets. Topps Chrome Platinum.
Here is my current want/needs list from 2021-2025 (no set in 2024).
2021: 15, 112, 123, 139, 165, 222, 237, 301, 323, 332, 354, 402, 404, 409, 420, 434, 447, 453, 456, 458, 471, 491, 493, 499, 503, 506, 507, 512, 514, 520, 526, 533, 538, 554, 566, 574, 598, 600, 601, 603, 606, 610, 619, 621, 627, 630, 633, 641, 643, 644, 645, 649, 654, 657, 660, 663, 670, 678, 683, 685, 687, 695, 700.
2022: 21 CLEMENTE, 171 JROD, 200 JUDGE, 427 BRADISH, 457 TORKLESON, 469 GIL.
2023: 8 TURANG, 43B HARRIS (X2), 67B CARROLL (X2), 77B ADLEY (X2), 93B GUNNER (X2), 186B OHTANI (X2), 188B TROUT (X2), 200 OHTANI, 301 VLAD JR (X2), 332A, 332B JUDGE (X2), 350 CAROLL, 389 MORRIS, 396 JETER, 421 CLEMENTE.
2025: 2, 8, 12, 15, 17, 18, 20, 35, 36, 41, 46, 56, 63, 65, 68, 69, 71, 81, 90, 95, 99, 103, 105, 112, 113, 122, 130, 133, 136, 137, 138, 147, 159, 161, 173, 176, 180, 181, 187, 188, 197, 201, 204, 205, 206, 212, 228, 230, 241, 244, 247, 248, 254, 265, 268, 272, 274, 277, 279, 283, 286, 289, 291, 293, 294, 299, 311, 320, 321, 322, 323, 337, 338, 343, 344, 347, 350, 351, 363, 365, 366, 367, 374, 394, 396, 405, 407, 408, 448, 456, 458, 459, 468, 470, 476, 479, 484, 492, 495, 496.
The best shot at completing one of these is obviously going to be 2022 followed by 2023. We'll see though. I don't really pursue set builds like most people. Typically, I'll do a quick search of Sport Lots for singles here and there, then otherwise only when I see a deal for a lot of the set. Again, I don't really seek out the lots either. But yet I am a set builder, lol. I am literally working on thousands of sets......I know I'm nuts!
Bonus update. I did win a SLOTS auction about 6 weeks ago now for a near set of 2026 Topps Chrome. A super deal in my opinion, because it came with most of the key cards, missing Alvarez, but hey I'm sure in time that will find itself in a reasonable price range (hopefully a quarter box lol, but more than likely in time will be a dollar box.
Here is that very short want/needs list: 3 Alvarez, 134 Burns, 160 Painter, and 291 Crooks. I just need 4 cards.....
That near set very near set was $76.00 delivered. Not bad considering the gimmick of the buyback MVP guys would be 2/3 of that price and who knew Yordan would be knocking down that door instead of the likes of Judge and a few other potentials.
Anyways, this post knocks two off of my list. Yea yea yea.
Later Got a ballgame to watch here shortly. (update: just watched the Braves take game 1).
No comments:
Post a Comment