Thursday, October 11, 2018

It's good to be here.

With Michael (hurricane) done and gone, it is good to be here. Lost power on Wednesday and got it back today. We had no other damage at my uncle's house. That is a blessing, but man o man did that storm tear up the coast. My heart and prayers go out for those who suffered. Many lost everything, completely demolishing Mexico Beach, FL, and Panama City (the east side) tore up pretty bad. Michael should be in the Atlantic by now and I hope he stays out there and doesn't decide to come back.


Now, i forgot to mention one more purchase I made at last Saturday's card show.  One dealer had a table full of 12 for $10.00 items. I grabbed 12 items.




The boxed set.


Checklist on the back.


Yes, it was complete with the Michael Jordan card. One thing I didn't understand is why they called the Jordan Bonus Card #2 when there was no BC 1 in the set. I plan on breaking this set up for my PC's, and I'll probably scan the set for the blog. (Eventually).





I remember this unauthorized comics back in the day selling for $5.00 each, so I had to grab all of the baseball.



Here's the back cover.















I promise this post wasn't planned starting with a Michael and I figure this is a good Michael to end this post with. I'll finish the 12 for $10 stuff in a day or two or both.



9 comments:

  1. Anytime I hear about hurricanes and flooding... my heart sinks. It's so sad that people lose loved ones to Mother Nature... while others are forced to start over from scratch.

    On a more positive note... these comics are really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently there were THREE bonus cards. This version was the mail-in version. BC1 was only through QVC and was Mantle, while retail got BC3 of Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy you made it through alright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that you and yours are ok - I recall seeing that at least one of the storm path models had Michael knocking on your front door!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your Uncle had no damage and you were all safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i DO HAVE TO REPLACE A CANOPY FRAME AND REPLACE 8 PIECES OF SOFFIT, BUT I CONSIDER THAT NO DAMAGE. COULD'VE BEEN SO MUCH WORSE.

      Delete