When reviewing my 2017 collecting goals as associated with this blog and my website, I did pretty well. But you can decide for yourself.
1) Try to finish some more sets this year. I did complete 16 sets, so that is definitely worth an A. I did however have hopes of knocking out my 80's & 90's base set builds which didn't happen.
2) Try to add at least 4 T206 cards to the collection. DONE A+.
These are the last 4 that came in.
Different backs on the McIntyre.
Yes, that ONE is a reprint, lol. I have 4-5 more that I got this year that was sent down to Ocala and didn't make it into this binder yet.
3) Try to find a monster deal like I did in 2015. Or at least some super good deals like I did in 2016. I knew this one was going to be tough. I don't really think I stumbled into any super deals. I guess the best deal of 2016 was the almost half set in NM condition 1972 Topps for $40.00. That was a GREAT deal, but not enough to warrant an A, probably a B- at best.
4) Make some headway cleaning up my Braves want lists. A here, not perfect but I can live with it.
5) This one was an easy one, get out those Super Trader packages I had laying around for ever. Done, A+.
There you have it. Successful....yes. Perfect.....no.
My goals for 2018 are shorter and simpler and I'll list them around the new year.
Have a great Holiday Season!