Tuesday, August 11, 2026

The FIRST base hit in the National League AND it's A New to me Braves card: or should I say Boston Red Stocking card.

 Yes you read that right. A new to me Red Stockings which is a Braves card.




I picked up this card in a lot that I got on Ebay. Don't pay attention to the copyright date. This set is the 2023 Historic Autograph Gilded Age set. A 330 card set of wgich this lot contained 228 different. I got one other Braves card too and you'll see him that HOFer as we get to him numerically. I used the O'Rourke out of order to kick this post off.


Like I did with the Olympic set I posted last week, I sorted these cards vertically and horizontally for aesthetics. This go round we'll start off with verticals, but I am only doing a few scans at a time.


You see these cards make great TRIVIA knowledge. So consider these posts which I have decided to run on Tuesday's for a bit....just to TEST your wits. I will say this once the verticals are finished the horizontal backs read much clearer.





The important stuff is on the card backs, so let's see if your memory serves you well or at the very least you increase your knowledge.



This set has just about everything (covering the "Gilded Age"). A lot of the good, the bad, and the ugly. I am wishing now that I had scanned them 6 at a time side by side, bit it was already a bunch of scanning especially front sand backs.











Yeah, I love history, Humanities courses were my FAVE! The other classes were too easy and bored me, lol.

If you're having trouble reading the fine print just click on the image to enlarge...I hope that works. It doesn't so I went back and enlarged them myself.

1 comment:

  1. Really fun variety of subjects in these cards. I got my announcing career started in 2006 at the Golden Spike Speedway in Sauk Rapids, MN. Not even close to Utah where the Golden Spike was driven. I'm not sure if there is any correlation at all. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete