Saturday, August 29, 2020

Left on the shelf

I HAD to go to Walmart the other day. As always I look at the card aisle. This is what I seen.



2020 Archives. I left these there too. I already have bought from Sportlots the base cards that I wanted and a few Braves inserts. They should be here next week.


Speaking of being on a shelf......these items are sitting on a shelf right near me as I type this.




Some vintage stuff, albeit not baseball cards. Sat. 8/29 updated. I just realized the confederate salt & pepper shaker in the pic, there was the union cap as well, but when the roof was being replaced a couple of months ago and the shingles were being dropped on the roof it was knocked off of the shelf and broke.



The Coke thermometer is cool but the real doozie is the bottle above it.


I say nothing.

14 comments:

  1. Jucke Moller? I confess ignorance, other than it seems like booze.

    I would have chosen Topps Archives over logo-less Donruss. Weird that they didn't have normal Topps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have an interesting collection. I like the Coke thermometer but was intrigued by the numbering. Is it Celsius? I did some quick searching online and saw a lot like that in Faehrenheit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is triangular, and the side facing out is celsius, the faehrenheit is on the other side.

      Delete
  3. That card section looks better than mjne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on walking away empty handed from the card aisle.
    That takes some self-control. Well. At least for me. Cool vintage stuff. One of my friends is really into vintage bottles and tins. He purchased this huge collection of medicine bottles on Craigslist last year and it was cool to see some of them have cocaine on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, one of the bottles here was an over the counter medicine that was a pain reliever that was get this....1000x the strength of morphine. Makes fentanyl look like candy. Started with a P, cant remember the name of it. Because that one is still has the liquid in it, I keep it locked up in my Uncles safe. Wouldn't want anyone touching it.

      Delete
    2. Whoa. Yeah that's a good place to store it. Don't want anyone getting their hands on that stuff. Who knows what it has evolved into after all these years.

      Delete
    3. I'm pretty sure it is still 100% of whatever it was to begin with. Maybe a little evaporation, not sure as according to my research the limit at the time was 2 ounces. My research also shows that it gets stronger over time. At some point I will have to have a pharmacy (or somebody) do something with the liquid so I can do something with the bottle itself. Paregoric- not camphorated. A junkie would love to get their hands on this stuff, and would probably OD on it if they did. Turns out that it looks like it is only 25x stronger than Morphine.

      Delete
    4. Get this.... it was used as a antidiarrheal or a cough suppressant.

      Delete
    5. 25x is still some powerful stuff.

      Delete
  5. Your Wal Mart shelf is better stocked than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cool collection! Some of those Archives would have come home with me...nicely done...?

    ReplyDelete