Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Newest 2024 Braves

 As mentioned yesterday/last night I had made an Ormond run last week. My goal was to not go crazy (my theme all year thus far). I really only wanted the Bowman, Big League, and Heritage Braves plus the Bowman set builds. Kyle's 6' dime table was slammed 3 boxes high on top and under.  I didn't bring an empty box on purpose so I wouldn't be overly tempted. Yeah, FAIL! Tons of Heritage and Big League, and Bowman. I filled 4 monster boxes (brand new ones from Kyle's shop). Probably could have filled a couple more. I could have forgone the Bowman as Kyle had complete sets for $10.00 on the vets, $25 prospects, and $35 chrome prospects. $70.00 for a complete set, those hobby boxes cost nearly $300. I decided to not to go that route and build the hard way. I did get the base set, 6 cards shy of the prospects, and half of the chrome. I'm good with that as I really don't chase the prospects and chrome (I just pick them out of dimes boxes here and there). I did get all of my Braves base and prospects, and 3 shy on the chrome.  I still need three more Big League, pretty sure those 3 won't be in a dime box, lol.





Most of the Topps inserts and parallels above came from those dollar box grabs that Kyle threw in.





I'll find those 3 chrome Braves in a dime box for sure.

 Now for my Heritage.





I put the 2 Fried cards backwards on purpose.  You can easily see the difference in the card backs. Now apparently this is nothing, however out of the 4500 Heritage cards I bought only 24 have this difference. There are 50/50 on the even darker backs, but this I just don't get. I called my buddy in Ormond who ripped the two cases and he said he caught that too on the 2 nd case and said they were falling about 1 or 2 per box. I probably should have used one of the darker backs to compare the light one. Things like this irk me, gets under my skin clearly somebody was messing with the product.



There you have it, minus the one Heritage Brave that I still need. Numero Uno Acuna.


Off to play trivia with my brother.


9 comments:

  1. Nice looking cards. Takes me back to 1975!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dime boxes had some nice base stuff like the Bowman and some Bowman Chromes. Even found a few SPs from Heritage mixed in. The dollar boxes were good as well. He had some decent stuff in there and not like most shops I’m used to with overpriced stuff.
    I think I paid 35 for what I pulled in the last post. Might have been able to get a sweeter deal, but Kyle wasn’t there, it was a Yankee fan whose wife was about to have a kid. Might have been named Mike? He did remember you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike is a buddy. I found a couple of Heritage SP's too (I sent them to Greg).

      Delete
  3. Bowman looks OK this year. Still can't see myself collecting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heritage has darker/lighter back variations? Lol. Doesn't surprise me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris Sale has been awesome...which is fine with me he's doing it with the Braves and not the Red Sox.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got my first few Heritage in hand this week. I found the backs dark and very hard to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say the darker backs (not the whitish ones) were about 50/50, some readable some not.

      Delete