Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Totally ODD: Even for non-sports

 The week immediately after the Deland card show I went over to Grand Slam (LCS), and there wasn't much "new" for me. Steve the owner said he had a bunch of junk in the under construction Gaming shop next door. I didn't find anythign to crazy, but I did get some odd ball items.





I found these (I think 53') non sport cards that have long since been sent to trading buddy Jim Craig who has just about every card set in existence, but he didn't have any of these.





I was blown away that TCDB didn't have these 1991 Simpsons listed, and when I inquired about why was told because no one had ever requested it.???????????






Thought these were cool.






Some of the coolest vintage non sport finds for sure.




I'll wrap up this part 1 with the pair above. Shame that the Captain America is torn a bit, but still cool.

I have at least two but probably will do three more posts of the odd ball stuff I brought home that day. The rest is Baseball for the most part if I remember. This is the day I bought that stack of Wacky Packages stickers that I posted several weeks ago. You know the ones where I got the idea to host the Wacky Packages Wednesday giveaways. You know like tomorrow......




5 comments:

  1. Those Super Hero stickers, with the “sound effects”, look really familiar. I have no idea why, or where I would have seen them though.
    I’m always amazed at the variety of oddball/ nonsport cards are out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, cool super hero stuff for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1953 cards of anything are a great find! Bring on the Wacky Packages. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was curious enough to look up "The Adventures of Smilin' Jack" - it was a 13-chapter movie serial released in 1943. There's 128 cards in the set: https://www.tcdb.com/ViewSet.cfm/sid/197184/1943-The-Adventures-Of-Smilin'-Jack-(R4)

    ReplyDelete