Thursday, August 27, 2026

INCOMING: Night Owls drops one on me.

 A couple of weeks ago I got a package from Greg.



Greg helped out with some Braves needs or at least I believe so. There was another one that I did already have too. Those Topps sandglitter's, confetti's, and whatever else they're called drives me nuts figuring them out.



Greg also sent along these set build needs, that I had mentioned in his post on the set that I needed.




He wrapped the package up with these Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club band cards. I remember going to the "picture show" (theatre/ movies) back as a kid to see the film. Friday night feature films cost a buck and half back then. Dang, the candy was expensive too and those super extra large sizes (double in size what they are today) was a whopping .50 same for the soda or popcorn. 

Thanks Greg!


6 comments:

  1. Yeah, there's no solid reason that Topps made parallels impossible to tell apart except that it wants to drive all of its customers insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen those Sgt Pepper cards. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Figuring out those parallels are a challenge indeed. I never saw that picture show. I have not been to a theater in years. The moon has disappeared in an eclipse. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate trying to figure out between the Confetti and the Sandglitter cards.
    I probably have some of mine misidentified.
    I never have watched the BeeGees and Frampton in Sgt Peppers.
    Did I miss you saying the winner of the last Wacky Packages giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually you didn't, I just forgot to mention it this past Wednesday. I'll hit Monday when I do the next Maddux.

      Delete
  5. I remember going to summer matinees back in the early 80's with my friends. Pretty sure we paid a buck, but it was one of those theaters that had the movies a month or two later than the big mall or drive-in theaters. Candy was expensive at that theater too, so we'd hit up the pharmacy next door and fill our pockets with candy there before heading in.

    ReplyDelete