I'm picking up right where I left off the last time. The Chrome Platinum has just been released days before the show so finding these for a quarter was great.
Nice start to this year's, uh um... Last year's set. Next up with be some highlights from the 2nd deal I made.
Later.......





I just ordered a blaster of this, it's not cheap. Should be cheaper given that it's a year out of date.
ReplyDeleteLove these cards, picked up a bunch of Tigers cards and one Matthew Boyd card.
ReplyDeleteGood Job! 👍
Really nice-looking cards. I like the selection of retired players as well. Staying tuned in for deal 2. Enjoy it all!
ReplyDeleteI put together team sets of the Royals and Cardinals from this set, and pick up a Spahn and Satchel Paige for my PC. (No Paige this year, wonder why.) I did do a complete set in “Year 1”. I have a card buddy in KC that loves these sets and pieces one together whenever they’re released. Too many other things to spend my money one for me to do that. They do look nice though.
ReplyDeleteI try to complete all of the sets, but have yet to complete one. lol.
ReplyDeleteThere was a guy at the flea market this morning with singles from this set. Unfortunately they were in his 50¢ box. I started looking through it, but after about 30 seconds... two other guys came. I'm not a big fan of standing shoulder to shoulder with people, so I left. I went back at the end, but there other people were going through it. Guess it wasn't meant to be.
ReplyDeleteLucky find for you! Time for Topps to step it up on their release schedule. Last year's cards released half way into next year is lame.
ReplyDelete