Last call or in other words the last post from that Apopka card show from a while back.
This round are those PC gets from the 2 dollar box which cost me a buck. AS I stated in previous posts some were good deals, most were just spot on (which I hate paying more than 33% of value) I am cheap that way :), and some a good bit were just out right losers.
One thing that isn't a loser is my trivia team (for the first time in a long time we were all present and accounted for). We took first place (192 points) which happens to be on consecutive visits by my brother and I. He and I only play every other week. The kids will often go on the off weeks here and there. As did just 2 of them last week and kicked butt too with a 178 final points (202 is the max when there is no bonus round double ups in play during the game. Dang I miss those. However 178 was only good enough for 4th place, still awesome, the week prior my brother and I took home 1st place with a doubled up final score of 118. Only had 59 going into the championship/final question which was 4th place at the time. Nailed it and won the $20.00 LOL. Last night was great especially with everyone there. Went into the final 1 point behind the leaders, and we nailed the final question which had multiple choices (we don't like that-makes it too easy). We knew the answer before the choices came up. Cheese: the food item most stolen.
Okay I am betting that you're ready for some baseball cards.
There ya go. This wraps the Apopka show. I went to the last show of the year in The Villages a week or two after that Apopka show which I'll be posting that stuff soon.







All those modern shiny cards and yet my eye is drawn instantly to a cardboard cutout with a minimialistic portrait (the Carlton card). The best part is that the artist went out of the way to include his tobacco chaw.
ReplyDeleteI had the same thought as Bo. The Carlton card jumped out at me!
ReplyDeleteI remember cutting cards from food packaging. If I only still had all the milk carton panels. Congratulations on the Trivia success. Great cards you picked up. Enjoy it all!
ReplyDeleteThe only card that jumped to me was the Acuna Award winner that I need still
ReplyDeleteRipken Holiday Inn?! Cool! Pinnacle Shades Smoltz is pretty neat.
ReplyDeleteNever knew cheese was the most stolen food item. Maybe I'll use this in a trivia question for my students at some point.
ReplyDeleteCheese, huh? i would have guessed something more expensive, possibly meat of some sort...
ReplyDeleteNice pickups and congrats on the trivia victory!
ReplyDeleteokay that Ripken set cracks me up.
ReplyDelete