Thursday, October 1, 2026

The Villages: part 1 of a really odd card show

 The weekend after that Apopka card show was a show locally in The Villages, and it would be their last one of the year. January will be the next show there. This go around I made 4 purchases......all odd ball items.




My picks at this show were more or less odd ball items. Added some stuff here for my Presidents Collection. 


Below is an album/record/LP




The two pics above make up the front cover.




The 2 scans here are side by side of the back cover.

The record cost me $5.00 (same as the cover price :). I haven't listened to it, but it looks clean and not scratched up. Not a bad deal for 1973 vintage baseball odd ball.


Across the aisle from where I bought the record was a dealer that had all kinds of stuff and on the very end was a small box of HOF plaque cards which I collect (more on those in another post). In the very back of the box some other odd ball items. He had per item price written on the box, but also $15.00 takes all. I counted the individual pieces and I took all.


In the back of the box were these "reprint" Red Man cards.



Happy to add a Braves card with those (I did already have 1 Brave from that reprint set, but not this one).




Only the last four make it to the PC binders, and I'm not sure what to do with the others. 


I will post on the HOF cards probably Tuesday, and one other post of some more odd ball items from this show to follow later in the week. Enjoy the baseball this weekend if you're still watching.


5 comments:

  1. Red Man reprints are very great. Baseball? Maybe. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Red Man cards are nice, but I like the first four oddball items the best. celebrating our 250th anniversary and putting America first!

    ReplyDelete