Tuesday, October 17, 2017

1962 Topps trip cards

I was able to add quite a few 62's to the fold. 17 to be exact.



Moon just keeps showing up.



I kind of like the format of these cartoons.



Thank you sir!






Not a bad center piece here.  Robin Roberts reminds me of Will Ferrell in that pic.








Other than the Al Dark card the rest are in okay condition.



A lot of collector's don't like the wood grain set design, but I do. I like here with the 62's, the 55 Bowman (TV) which looks wood grain to me, and even the 87' Topps where in my opinion the only problem was over production, and I'm sure everyone of us can agree on that.


8 comments:

  1. This is another great group of cards, especially that Drysdale. I too am a big fan of the wood grain look, at least on the vintage stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the design, but all the hatless photos are a turnoff.. and it's a shame they had to ruin the Minoso thanks to the hat. Still though, quality haul there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the Woodies a lot more as a kid. It's not their worst design... but it has dropped in my rankings over the years. I really like the look of the Sporting News All-Star cards though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an odd set. Design is great. Many of the photos are awful. I've said this before, but '62 Topps looks like something that should have been made 10 to 20 years earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of the wood grain. I grew up on the '87 set, and through that learned of this set. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just using the cards posted here. 9 have hats, 6 no hats, and 2 are batting helmets. I wonder what the overall numbers are for the entire set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lot of headshots. Interesting how the quality of the photographs changes so much one year to the next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. See a few Bosox in there. Malzone very underrated player

    ReplyDelete