Friday, July 7, 2017

The rest of the......

Okay, as I mentioned yesterday my focus was stay with the cheap stuff. I strayed a bit.



Not on this auto. I got it for a buck, as it is not certified verified or anything and it was from a dealer I've spent a lot with this year.  But he and I both agree it looks legit, it was in a box of vintage cards he bought at the show and I got to go through it before he did, yeah me. Either way, a buck!











Okay, this one is tad rough, but the price was right in my alley.



In fact, I picked up this trio for a total of $30.00. So far, I've stuck to my guns.






Now, the McCovey RC might have pushed the limit, but I found this one for a mere $19.00. I have no idea why, it looks great to me. The other  Cup card (both needed for that mini collection) was a buck.




Even this Mantle to cross the line at $18.00





But this one did. Even with the pin holes specifically and exclusively on the Mick himself (somebody obviously didn't care for him). Even though I dropped some coin on this one I still consider it to be on the cheap. I scanned this card Tuesday night when I got back to Georgia, low & behold while reading blogs, Brian (HSCA) posted a graded version of this card that very night.


Enjoy the weekend!


9 comments:

  1. Great pick ups Johnny. Any t206 is a great card

    ReplyDelete
  2. A buck for that Stargell!! That's gotta almost be the find of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muy incrediable!

    I agree with Mike that the '56 Mantle is his creepiest card.. he looks like a ventriloquist dummy.. but still gotta respect a good deal on it. Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! The McCovey RC and Mantle are both on my dream want list. Not sure if I'll ever own either of them but a guy can hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... those are some nice vintage pickups. Especially jealous of the Mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Leifield is in far superior condition to mine! Nice pickup!

    ReplyDelete