Friday, November 4, 2016

I said I wouldn't, but I did.

Like the title says, I did something that I said I would not do. I grabbed to boxes of 2016 Topps Update this week, hanger 72 card boxes. I wasn't going to get any Topps boxes this year, but for some reason the urge took over. I looked at the 102 card box for 19.99, and said to myself why would I do that when I can get 144 for the same money.

What I thought I do (after I brought the 2 boxes) home, was to compare them. The base cards for the most part are what they are. I will say that I only had 2 dupes between the two boxes. Leaving us with just the "special" cards inside.


First box:



Second box:



Either way as I don't collect them.


1st box:



Keeper.


2nd box:



I probably should start keeping this guys cards, but not a keeper for now.

BOX 1 leading.


1st box:


Keeper.


2nd box:


Already in Brian's stack.

Box 1 up 2/0.



1st box:



Definitely.

2nd box:



A keeper too, but Yount is the clear winner for me.


3/0



1st box:

Foil, nada.


2nd box:



Foil, again nothing to me, tie.


1st box:



SP Rookie photo variation.  Not a keeper.



2nd box:



I didn't see any SP variations in this box, but it did have 4 Braves compared to ZERO in the first box. So I'll take these over the SP for the 2nd boxes only win.


There we have it. 3 to1 Box 1 wins.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested in the Mazara if you are looking to trade it. Here's a link to my trade bait:

    http://cardboardhabit.blogspot.com/2014/10/hits-for-trade-by-team_20.html

    If you see anything you like, you can email me at judsonmeeks AT gmail DOT com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete