Monday, August 10, 2015

This is my Blogoversary. August 5th.


Wow!

It was two years ago on August 5, 2013 (yeah, I know off by a few days) that I made my first post on this blog. I have come a very long way since then.  Here is a very quick look back at that first post. No worries, it was VERY short.


My very first POST of this blog


I am still laughing, remembering that it took nearly 6 more months to figure out how to get a scanned picture uploaded to the blog. Basically 2013 was just me writing. And look at me now, I can even put a "link" in. LOL.


My collection has certainly been altered.  I still have the John Elway Super Collection, it is pretty much at a stand still, I don't ever look, research, or even ask about cards of his anymore. I probably should try. I mean hey look at what TJ is doing with the Griffeys.  My Elway count is sitting at 1380 unique cards. I still blog over here regularly ......

Typically once a week. This year I have been not so much writing but showing the cards by year of what I own of Elway. Should finish by years end.


As for the Wacky Packages, still love them too, but haven't added any there either.  And the T206, let's just say I won't be completing that set this year, LOL.......

Baseball cards???? Lets see, I went from a few boxes of Stars, to a binder for each HOFer, plus a whole bunch more players too. Then we have the Braves binders.... I can remember thinking 13 was a huge number of binders.  I have that many 4" just for the Braves Topps cards today. Then a couple for Fleer, couple for Donruss, a Leaf, a Bowman that should be split into 2 now, same for Upper Deck, a  Pacific, a Score/Pinnacle, you get the idea.. Right now I think I need 100 2" binders, and 50 or so 1" binders (just to get cards put away. And that's just for the Braves cards. I have my mini collections, the Birthday boys, Bubble Gum, Signing, and etc.... And on top of all of that I am now going back and rebuilding sets. Yeah, NUTS right?? All of them too, no not really, but nearly all of the flagships, and many mid to high end sets. So, if you've got some starter sets from the beginning of time to more recent, lmk.

Over the course of the last 18 months I've probably picked up and given away/traded over a quarter of a million cards. Keeping in mind that most of that time I was caring for my mom.  I think I did fairly well.  Thanks to the Blogosphere and for trade groups like Oldcardtraders.com., Just commons, Sportlots, and Ebay.  I did do a lot of trading on Beckett when I first started this blog, but that quickly became unnecessary as the main focus was on baseball instead of Elway. Besides, Beckett just pisses me off most of the time.  They are more of quick reference checklist for me these days.

I get the Braves checklists, then straight to Just Commons, grab up what base cards I need or what I can get, then I just wait for the rest to make there way to my house. Good thing I am patient (most of the time).  Anyways, this being my second official anniversary (I really shouldn't count 2013) I decided NO pics today  (FLASHBACK). But simply ending it with another CONTEST.

iF YOU ARE A FOLLOWER: Comment here ((ON THIS POST)), done. If you want extra entries, pimp this contest to a NON follower (of this blog) blogger directly and get them to comment here no strings , no limits you each get one or another one if that is the case.. I will do the randomize thing 5 times.  I have no idea of what the winnings will be, probably just wait to see who wins and try to fit their needs if I can.

Back to the regular posts tomorrow  TmT.



11 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it to Year Two, my friend! Always enjoy reading your blog, and here's to two more years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary! I'm glad I found your blog(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I started our card blogs at about the same time. Congrats on keeping it going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the milestone, John!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I'm a little late to the party. Guess I'm off a few days myself.

    ReplyDelete