Wednesday, August 5, 2015

My absence

Just in case anyone was wondering. I did NOT fall off the face of the Earth.  I abstained from scanning, posting (other than the one on the Elway blog), even reading e-mails for 10 days. NOT, an easy thing. I even tried NOT to get on the internet at all, but obviously in this day and age, one must (sort of). I even tried to use the laptop as little as possible. Man, it was tough, but I was able to get all of the cards unpacked except for the Hall Worthy BOX which may still be sometime before I can go through that one. I will be back posting soon, as I am almost done sorting and listing non Braves set build needs. Many of the sets that I am NOW working on don't have enough to list yet but still it is like 200 different sets. Of course I did get a few complete sets in all those cards (July 4th card show 106K cards pick up).  See you soon, and if you think it is easy.....I challenge any and all of you to stay away from the internet and even your laptops/computers for a week. Of course work related is a legitimate excuse, but otherwise SHEETAHGT! It is tough. I chose the last 10 days due to a lot of fellow bloggers going to the National and figured it would be a good time to hit those boxes once and for all.

5 comments:

  1. I want to see what came out of those things. COME BACK SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. The internet challenge is a tough one. I have some things that I check daily some of them I can do without for a few days. I think I have gone 3 days max cold turkey. If I planned ahead I could do a full week with little problem. It would probably have to be early in the year between football and baseball seasons. I don't do much internet stuff via my smart phone much anyway, but at times when I have no access to stuff is the time I realize what I actually do like to keep up with and status check regularly. When you have a habit of checking imdb daily to look up an actor you saw in something recently or to google the lyrics of a song you just heard it can be difficult to cut it out completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back again - looking forward to seeing more of those cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I moved last week and was without my laptop/internet/cable for about a week. I still did have my smartphone, but it was still tough! I felt very disconnected, but it wasn't refreshing. I felt uneasy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spent three days this week uploading my CD collection into my computer and barely touched the internet except for checking email and watching Arrow on Netflix. That's probably as minimal as it gets for this guy.

    ReplyDelete