Friday, August 14, 2015

FRANKEN FRIDAY The second year

Happy weekend folks.


Here are the first four pages, of course I will be doing things a little bit different this go around. But for today being that the first two pages only have 5 cards so far.



00 is up first.




I know I have some more of these 00 cards, and yes I know both of these are Jeff Leonard, but for now this is what I have in the double zero page.  There were 20 players that donned the 00 including Baylor and Canseco. The first player to wear it was BoBo newsom in 1943, then again in 46 & 47.


The LONE ZERO







I tried to and 99.9% of the time used card fronts, had no choice here with Stubbs for now. Al Oliver wore the number 0 for 8 years followed by Junior Ortiz who wore it for 6 years. The first to wear the 0 was Al Oliver in 1978. Only 16 MLB players done the lone zero.


Okay now on to the normal stuff. As I forewarned this project was super easy to get up and running, so making 2 pages was easy.

#1




Ah, a jersey number on a Braves card. Get used to it, hehehe.





I have done my best to make the pages not have the same team, or card set, especially page 1 of each number. It isn't 100%, but hey I am trying. When I first researched this project a month or so ago, there were 440 players who donned #1, today there are 442.  The first was Max Flack in 1923 for the Cardinals, which here for the first batch will be a commonality.




4 comments:

  1. I find it entirely appropriate that both 00 and 0 were Brewers in the late 1980s/early 1990s. But, I'd be lying if I didn't say that a bunch of us in high school (okay, *I* did it) emulated Leonard's "one-flap-down" home run trot.

    ReplyDelete