Thursday, October 30, 2014

Thursday Thanks!

The other day I dropped by my house to grab the mail and found a surprise in the mailbox. It hailed from DefGav (Baseball Card Breakdown). Gavin was sending me some return fire (stuffed bubble mailer) for a couple of 2001 Archives I sent him. Inside the package were three fat team bags loaded with Braves and one "special" card that you will have to wait until another day to see that one. Let's take a look see at the cards that "HIT" my want lists.


The first of several Chippers I needed. I need a lot because back in the beginning of this millennium, I had given ALL of my Chippers to a second cousin (female) of mine who had a total crush on him. so my Braves collection is rather weak when it comes to Chipper.



A gold parallel, always a blessing.


The scan looks like a parallel, but it was just the base which I needed. Man that card looks pretty cool in this scan.



Here's another Chipper which I certainly could use another one of these for my "Flag/Patriotic" mini collection.




I believe this is version A, now I need version B.



A trio of 2014 including that purple parallel BP1. BTW, those two base complete the base team set, Thank you much.




Another Chipper!


Murph! I really liked the Greats of the Game sets even though they for the most part are boring, but the player selection is nice. I also like the card stock, great quality and the simplicity of the design just makes the cards seem "cleaner".




I could use another one of these too for that Flagish binder.




Oh look! Another Chipper. I am HUGE fan of Ovation. The first set was the best and hooked me immediately.





A pair of Showcase. Looking at the scan I just noticed a difference in the cards. Is one a parallel? There are parallels for this set, but I couldn't figure out if one of the above (I would guess the James) is one or not. Looks like that in hand as well.



This Chrome goodness is a Refractor.




Another gold border. Love the extra thick card stock too.


A lil Druw.



Gavin sent several 2000 Bowman's that I needed like that Chipper!







Welcome was these two parallels.




Finishing off the 2000 Bowman's with that 4 pack. But Gavin didn't stop hitting the want list there.




TWO inserts, oh is that another Chipper, yep.




Silver signature in the middle with a nice "centered" Glavine on the bottom.



Closing out with another Chipper, but not just any Chipper. I need another one of these because the backside photo has Chipper blowing a bubble........One of if not my favorite "mini collection".

1 comment: