Monday, January 27, 2014

PWE from Kyle D PLUS SUBSET/INSERT INDUCED COMA

Today brought 2 PWES for me. The first is from a trader at OCT (oldcardtraders), great place to trade for vintage cards, good group of guys. Billy only sent me one card or should I say postcard. It was a 1979 TCMA Milwaukee Braves team Bonus card #2.




Nice oddball for my PC. The fact that is boasting about the Braves winning the World Series, Unseating the Dodgers, and taking the Yankees down, just makes is even sweeter!

Kyle D. sent along these cards for my PC


Talk about an in your face bat barrel, here take a closer look:


Wow! I actually have the original, but I didn't have this fan favorite. Kyle also sent these cards:


Thanks Kyle.

Now to the comatose, I was just kidding, I love inserts and subsets at least most of them. As usual I was browsing my cards and the first set I thumbed was 1991 Score. I had recently opened my factory sealed set. I wanted to see the Cooperstown cards as the set included all 7 cards. Here are 5 of those cards.



 These are plain, but I do like them. The Junior and Clark cards are in a stack of those players. I will pull them back out later and put them back with the Cooperstown set. They are listed as inserts, even though they are not. You could only get them in the factory Score set.

Score also issued a 10 card HOT Rookies set (came in 100 ct blister packs) and a 7 card Mantle set, one of which was randomly autographed (Series 2). The auto was serial #d to 2500. Meanwhile a similar 7 card set was sent to dealers #d 5000. (no scans as I do not have any).

Now for the subsets, which are abundant:
48 Rookies Prospects (I have the set, but no scans)
24 1st round draft picks ( I scanned 9) I like these too!



The All Stars (I scanned 9)




 10 Master Blasters: ( thought I had 9 pulled to scan, but I didn't, don't worry this happens again LOL)



10 K-Man



10 Rifleman: (I told you it happens again) Plug Junior into the missing slot here.



7 No Hit Club cards ( I scanned 3) I like these too for some reason. Maybe because one of these is sitting in a Braves binder (4 man combo no hitter).



26 The Franchise: (I scanned 9).


13 Dream Team: I think Score had a thing for skin this year, and see it happened again (last time). Just pluf Griffey here too!


There is a Highlight subset too. I scanned 4 front and back.




There is also a 6 card Awards subset which I didn't scan either. See what I mean about the coma reference.

P.S.
THERE IS A 3 WAY TIE RIGHT NOW FOR THE COMMENT CONTEST, SO BREAK THAT UP, ITS OKAY TO GO BACK AND HIT THE POSTS THAT YOU DIDN'T COMMENT ON YET FROM 1-18 UNTIL THIS ONE. ONE PER PERSON PER POST THIS BLOG AND THE ELWAY BLOG.







1 comment:

  1. 1991 Score is vastly underrated. I enjoyed putting the set together - mostly because of all the fun subsets.

    ReplyDelete