Sunday, September 1, 2013

Wow! What a month.

Well, August has come and gone. I have my first month completed for trading cards over the web. I must say it was definitely a great month for trading cards.

I made a few new friends and of course a lot of trading buddies. At first, the cards coming through the mail was  slow, but nearing the end of week two it seemed as if cards were rolling in everyday. Not that all of the cards were for my PC ( wouldn't that have been awesome), but there is some give and take when making trades. After all, you do need trade stock or "bait" as it if often called. BOY did I get some bait, and a nice stack for the PC too.

In short, August brought to me about 30 cards for my John Elway super collection, including a serial numbered card 7/9, yepper his jersey number, SWEET. It was a SportKings (not a great set of cards), but this one limited to 9, and to get #7, that set usually doesn't have pictures of the player on the card, but this one did, not to mention it was a dual jersey of Elway and Aikman too. Elways swatch was nice, Aikmans eh, lol. Either way, very nice add to the PC collection.

I also got in 200 different Dan Marino cards (all available for trade) including some nice inserts. Likewise, 50 Adrian Peterson inserts, again nice "bait". I got dozen or so Tim Tebow ( I like the guy!), he's a hard working good guy, not too many of them out there you know. Besides, I am living in Gator Country, and I'd be very happy if that young man wanted to marry any of my daughters, LOL.

I got in some Atlanta Braves cards too, born and raised in GA. I've been a Braves fan since I was 8 years old, they called those years "The Rotten Years", but I loved those Braves. They used to come to my school all the time, it was great. Players like Phil Neikro, Darrell Evans, Bob Horner, Gary Matthews (Sr.), Jeff Burroughs, Adrian Devine, the list goes on... Don't get me wrong, I love the Braves today as well, LOL. I had one heck of a Chipper PC, but gave them to a younger cousin of mine a few years back (she was crushin on him big time). Anyways, I'm also a Tampa bay Buccaneers fan, thought I'd throw that plug into the mix.

All and all, over a thousand cards came in this month, most of which are still needing to be cataloged and put away (never ending battle). Card piles and boxes everywhere, lol. I did make headway yesterday knocking out about 1/3 of what just came in. Scary part is, I know that I already have about the same coming in for this month (September), Yea me, my birthday is in 2 weeks, can't wait to turn 47, lol.

That's it for this month, see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment